National Supply Teacher Week is something that, at SupplyBag.co.uk, we are very excited to be a part of for the second year!
Aims we want to help achieve:
1. To show appreciation for those working as supply teachers;
2. To help combat the recurring feeling amongst supply teachers of isolation;
3. To provide information for those considering supply teaching as a career move;
4. To help schools work with supply teachers more effectively.
To this end we:
1. Are funding the design and creation of a Certificate of Appreciation free for anyone to award to a supply teacher;
2. Will be hosting a live chat during the Week, details to follow;
3. Will highlight information already available on our website about supply teaching as a career move;
4. Are (still, this was on the list last year!) producing the ‘ultimate supply teacher’s welcome pack’ for schools to give to supply teachers;
5. Have sponsored the marketing of National Supply Teacher Week through the year, and will continue to do so.
by Sharon Wood