Academic Appointments were very, very happy to support National Supply Teachers Week (what a great idea NSTW is). Supply teachers certainly deserve recognition and praise for their great work and for their resilient, versatile and enthusiastic approach, and for being generally inspirational!
We're so proud of our supply team here at Academic Appointments!
We’re pleased to announce the winners of the Academic Appointments ‘Awards for Excellence in Supply’.
To show our support for NSTW we asked our clients (over 250 schools across Yorkshire) to nominate supply staff who have really impressed them for an ‘Award for Excellence in Supply’. We’re so very pleased with the results as we do feel we have met some of the NSTW objectives in:
· showing appreciation for those working as supply teachers
· increasing respect for supply teachers
· increasing awareness of the skills needed to be a supply teacher
· highlighting the importance of supply teachers in a child’s education
Above all, the ‘Awards for Excellence in Supply’ have made us even prouder of our supply team!
So, without further ado the well deserving winners are…………….. Drum roll…………
- In the Secondary Teacher category…
Paul- English Teacher- Comments made by the person nominating Paul included “Paul played a vital role and carried everything out as a permanent teacher would - shows empathy with differing ability groups and challenges their educational process”
Richard- English Teacher- Comments made by the person nominating Richard included “Richard has gone over and above the call of duty for his students - TA finds him inspirational”
- In the Primary Teacher category…
Colette - KS1 & 2 Teacher The school nominated Colette because “We are so thrilled with her work, which is why we're taking her on in September!”
- In the SEN Teacher category…
David - SEN Teacher
Nick - SEN Teacher
Both teachers were nominated by the same person who commented on how both “David and Nick impact positively on pupil progress despite working with some of the most vulnerable yet challenging students in the country – they work to a high standard - the students love them”
All of the winners have been informed and are delighted!! They will all of course receive a bonus!
Many, many thanks to all who nominated- all nominated candidates have been informed that they have been recognised as doing an outstanding job and each nominee will also receive a bonus.
We really wanted to share some of the lovely comments made during the nominations…
- Magda, History & EAL Specialist “Always smiling - well respected and liked - extremely helpful with students whose native language isn't English”
- Sophie, Technology Teacher “Sophie is a credit and extremely employable - superb teaching resources and exceptionally competent”
- Alexandra Sandercock, Primary Teacher “has been outstanding. She has interacted with staff and pupils so well. She is pleasant, firm but fair, exceptionally well organised, flexible, has a great attitude and is an excellent teacher”
- Elaine, Primary Teacher “Gives a high quality performance - deals with challenging students effectively - extremely flexible schedule to help students”
Lastly, in the spirit of National Supply Teacher Week Academic Appointments just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to THE WHOLE Academic Appointments supply team for all of your hard work, and huge respect to all supply teachers and support staff out there working with other agencies.