- Written by Sharon Wood
National Supply Teacher Week 15th - 19th June 2015
Many thanks for visiting this page. I encourage you to help support and celebrate your supply teachers during this annual event.
Aims of the Week:
· To highlight the importance of supply teachers in a child’s education
· To increase respect for supply teachers
· To show appreciation for those working as supply teachers
· To help combat the recurring feeling amongst supply teachers of isolation
· To support supply teachers with their professional development
· To provide information for those considering supply teaching as a career move
· To increase awareness of the skills needed to be a supply teacher
· To help schools work with supply teachers more effectively
Keen to be involved? Here are a few ideas:
· Present your supply teachers with our Certificate of Appreciation;
· Write in appreciation of your supply teachers in a school newsletter;
· Invite the children to interview a supply teacher about their role in your school;
· Discuss respect for all visitors working in school during assembly;
· Invite your supply teachers to coffee and cake after school one day that week;
· Let your supply teachers know of any CPD courses they are entitled to attend;
· Consolidate the ‘supply teacher pack’ that your teachers leave for visiting supply teachers.
Please consider that the above provides excellent PR and learning opportunities for your school.
Many thanks for your time, and we look forward to working with you!