The aims of National Supply Teacher Week (3rd week of June) are many and varied. They are outlined here by Sharon Wood and pledges of support by various companies and organisations can be found here.
National Supply Teacher Week is hosted by TheSupplyTeacher.com and sponsored by SupplyBag.co.uk and aims:
- To highlight the importance of supply teachers in a child’s education
- To increase respect for supply teachers
- To show appreciation for those working as supply teachers
- To help combat the recurring feeling amongst supply teachers of isolation
- To support supply teachers with their professional development
- To provide information for those considering supply teaching as a career move
- To increase awareness of the skills needed to be a supply teacher
- To help schools work with supply teachers more effectively
Click on any organisation's logo in this section to see what they're up to in support of National Supply Teacher Week.
The Aims form a sort of Supply Teachers' Charter I suppose!