Here over at SupplyBag.co.uk we were very excited to be a part of National Supply Teacher Week.
Read on to find out how we supported it.
Aims we wanted to help achieve:
- To show appreciation for those working as supply teachers;
- To help combat the recurring feeling amongst supply teachers of isolation;
- To provide information for those considering supply teaching as a career move;
- To increase awareness of the skills needed to be a supply teacher;
- To help schools work with supply teachers more effectively.
To this end we:
- Funded the design and creation of the logo for National Supply Teacher Week;
- Sponsored a competition;
- Produced a Certificate of Appreciation to give to supply teachers;
- Opened up our forum to visitors of TheSupplyTeacher.com;
- Used social media to foster a positive attitude towards supply teachers, especially through the use of #ultimatesupplyteacher on Twitter during the week itself;
- Highlighted information already available on our website about supply teaching as a career move;
- Are producing in association with TheSupplyTeacher.com a supply teacher training pack for NQTs and trainee teachers;
- Are producing the ‘ultimate supply teacher’s welcome pack’ for schools to give to supply teachers.