Aspire People supporting National Supply Teacher Week 2013 - West and East Midlands Supply Teacher Agency.
Our role in National Supply Teacher week
Supply Teachers are one of the most important support functions of every school. Without a pool of talented and highly committed supply staff pupils' education would suffer. Its not an easy job, you have to have a good sense of humour, a strong personality and be able to adapt to different situations. Supply Teachers are unique.
Aspire People are massive supporters of National Supply Teacher Week. It focuses on creating a positive profile of supply teachers so they are respected for the talented professionals they are. During this week, our 5 aims were:
1. Show Aspire teachers our appreciation
2. Demonstrate how we are going to help combat the recurring feeling amongst supply teachers of isolation for the coming academic year.
3. How we are going to support supply teachers with their professional development
4. Provide information for those considering supply teaching as a career move, especially NQTs.
5. To help schools work with supply teachers more effectively.