* 1 x good alarm clock to ensure you are up and ready to take emergency early morning calls
* 1 x smile ready to greet the contact at the school – a smile goes a long way and leaves a great lasting impression
*1 x SAT NAV to help find new schools (alternatively a street atlas or bus timetable if on public transport)
* 1 x large helping of enthusiasm
* 1 x case/tub/car full of ready-to-go activities for multiple age / grade / ability levels
* 1 x folder with DBS and photo ID
* A large portion of flexibility
* 1 x phone – so where possible you can speak to the school to get an idea of what planning is required.
* A tonne of reliability
* 1 x fridge full of ingredients to make your sandwiches ready to dash out the door.
* 1 x box of tea bags – (ensuring you won’t go without if there none around)
* 1 x another BIG smile ready for the end of the day when you leave the school (they will remember you)
* Lots of honesty – ready to let the agency know which schools you enjoy and which you don’t (this will always help to
learn which schools you are better suited to (or not)
* A great big helping of awareness – ensure you make yourself aware of the schools behaviour policies
* Register with an agency that comes well recommended and will look after you throughout the supply process
* Listen and interact with other supply teachers through great social media sites such as thesupplyteacher.com!!
* Keep your training topped up
* Mix all ingredients evenly and over time your recipe will make you the perfect supply teacher!!!
Katie works with Provide Education in Yorkshire